Freitag, 16. Oktober 2020

DC Dictionary Day

 Happy Friday, crafters and friends! The Daring Cardmakers have a new challenge for you.

Joanne picked this week’s challenge:

Dictionary

Did you know October 16th is Dictionary Day?! I need very little excuse to

 celebrate words - celebrate with me by using a dictionary page, a dictionary

 definition or making words the focal point of your card.

I remembered my dictionary background stamp that I purchased ages ago. During my last decluttering session I thought about getting rid of it… but I was one of my first background stamps and cost a fortune (at a time when I didn’t earn a lot 😉). And now I’m glad that I kept it.

I used white heat embossing powder and coloured the paper with distress oxide inks. Then I added white dots for a bokeh technique. My white stamp pad wasn’t opaque enough so I used acrylic paint as well.

I liked the „mixed media“ feel to it and added some more die cuts and paper scraps on top. The embossed sentiment looks great on black paper, I think.

Happy crafting!

2 Kommentare:

  1. Was für eine prächtige, strahlende Karte! Wunderschön! (Und gut, dass du diesen Stempel behalten hast.....)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The stamp looks fabulous with the warm colours blended over the white lettering - love it!

    AntwortenLöschen