Freitag, 14. Februar 2020

DC someone or something you love


Hello, lovely readers! I wish you a great Friday and a happy Valetine’s Day. This week the Daring Cardmakers have a great challenge for you.


Dawn wants you to make cards for the following topic:

Someone or Something You Love

I want you to feature something on your creations that you LOVE.

Besides my favourite beloved people, one of my biggest loves is reading … and books in general.


I also love crafting and I found the ultimate way for me to combine my two most favourite hobbies: creating bookmarks. (So no cards here this week...)


With my banner dies that’s super quick and easy.


And a great way to use up paper scraps or paper pads.


And a great way to practise handlettering.


A few years ago I thought about ways of making more time for reading … and I found the best way for myself: I stopped watching TV in the evening and read a book instead. In 2019 I read 60 books 😊.


To make progress in my „magic cleaning“ journey as well, I borrow nearly all the books I read from our local library (or friends). So our book cases aren’t overflowing.


I think it’s always cute to create a matching bookmark for your cards and give it away as a little set. I always keep in my mind that my bookmark shouldn’t be longer than a standard sized envelope.



3 Kommentare:

  1. Making those bookmarks is such a lovely idea Miri.
    Love all of these

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Your book marks are amazing. I just love all the different papers you have used. So bright and colourful.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Tolle Idee und eine ganz schön schöne Kollektion. Sehe ich da einen Flow-Kalender? Auf jeden Fall ein Zitat von Neil Gaiman, einem meiner Lieblingsautoren. Ich habe übrigens tatsächlich eine Stempelfreundin, die Lesezeichen so sehr liebt, dass jedes Buch sein eigenes bekommt.

    AntwortenLöschen